Slider backgroundSlider yellow backgroundDavid Hook 2Joan Nelson HookDo you need help with 2Estate PlanningLife Care PlanningTrusts and Trust AdministrationSpecial Needs Trusts
Elders holding handsSlider green fade background 4Slider green fade background 5Are you concerned about the future of your diabled child?We know special needs trusts
Elders on the beachSlider background fadeSlider background fade 2We know trustsThe need for a revocable or irrevocable trustAre you concerned about text

Welcome to The Hook Law Group

The Hook Law Group specializes in the area of Elder Law and Inter-generational issues affecting families as they confront the challenges of aging.

Joan Hook

Joan Nelson Hook

Board Certified
Elder Law Attorney

David Hook

David Hook

Board Certified
Elder Law Attorney

Team Approach

We are at the forefront in Florida with “Life Care Planning”, which goes well beyond the usual “cookie cutter” approach to estate planning.

The Hook Law Group Services

Life Care Planning

Let us help you navigate the long term care and elder advocacy maze. Our goal is to maximize your loved one’s quality of life, provide peace of mind, and plan for the future.

Medicaid (Nursing Home) Planning

For the average person who has worked hard all their life, nursing home costs and costs of long term care can wipe out an entire life savings in a matter of months.

Estate Planning

We can develop an estate plan to protect your personal autonomy and ensure that YOUR wishes are carried out.

Durable Power of Attorney

When you sign a Durable Power of Attorney, you are giving legal authority to someone (called your agent or attorney-in-fact) to act on your behalf.

Living Will

This is a written declaration stating your wishes regarding the use of any life-prolonging medical treatment.

Health Care Surrogate

When you name a Health Care Surrogate in writing, that person can make medical decisions for you only if you become incapacitated and unable to make your own decisions.


What happens to a person when he or she is no longer able to make safe or sound decisions about his or her person and property?

Guardianship Advocacy

Sometimes there are no alternatives but to have the Court appoint a legal guardian for the protection of an incapacitated adult person.

Special Needs Trust

A Special or Supplemental Needs Trust (SNT) is a Trust established for persons who have disabilities or receive government assistance, such as Medicaid or Social Security, which does not disqualify or prevent eligibility for such governmental benefits.


The loss of a loved one is a very difficult situation and it is complicated even further by the sad reality of having to take care of all of the financial matters relating to that individual.

Call Now Button